Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Prayer for achievement

Many times, we are held back by a sense that we are simply not good enough, talented enough or smart enough to do what we want to do. We pray for God to free us from the internal chains that bind us. Self-confidence stems from confidence in Him. It is not we alone who do the work. The work is done by Him who is within us.

Dear God,
I feel that my life is less than it should be.
I cannot find my freedom or my passion.
I have so much inside me that stays shut down, that isn't free.
I hurt so much to know I am not living at full force.
My talents are not used as I wish.
My abilities are not fully formed.
My energies are so suppressed.
Dearl Lord, I do not know how to break free of the ways I constantly negate myself.
I hold myself prison somehow.
I know I do.
I know it is my own illusion, this prison in which I live, yet I cannot break free, though i try so hard.
Please, dear God, break down the walls that surround me.
Melt this prison.
Free my soul that I might be as You would have me be:
Free to live,
To soar,
To create,
To love,
To feel passion for good,
To do the good with passion.
I wish to fly.
I wish to feel Your full abundant spirit in me.
Give me this mircale.
Thank You.
Amen

(Illuminata - M. Williamson)

No comments:

Post a Comment