Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Letters

I've been receiving a weekly letter from my son and most of his words are painful to read. There isn't any good news that he gets to share quite the contrary.....it's all about his current painful body. Thankfully he doesn't have any broken bones but still suffers from the beating and continues to be in pain with no much relief. He is also feeling as if he is going loony from being locked up by himself for the past two weeks and wonders how much longer he can last. And then of course the pleas for helping....with soap, toothpaste, deodorant etc etc.
As much as I hate to hear of the conditions that he is finding himself into, I know too from past experience that if I give an inch, the demands for 2 inches will start to come and then there's no end to it all.
I waited several days before sitting down and writing back....I take some time to gather up my thoughts and a few days to detach from the pain that comes through the words. I guess this morning I was ready because i managed to write 3 pages.
I shared what is going on in my life and the struggle that my mother is going through as well. I sent him a photo of the statue of liberty....with the significance of freedom.....something to look forward to. I also shared a few words of positive thoughts and sent him my healing prayers.
I did convey that I look forward to see him when he gets out of the confinement box and wondered how long that's going to be. I also empathized with his conditions of living and told him that I hope he feels better soon.
God, grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment