Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Roller Coaster

What a roller coaster these past few days have been.....need to put things down so that I don't dwell on them and get on a self-pity trip.
A friend of mine, whom I hadn't seen in a year......I called her and her husband told me that she's been dealing with cancer and had 3 operations within these past 6 months and has just been admitted in the hospital for more test. I'm glad that i called and I went to visit....it was good to see her and i think we both benefited from the visit.
Then it was the 4th of July parade....every year, it's a ritual....we go down to the corner and watch the small community put out a display of cars, bikes, floats etc.....and as usual it was hot as the dickens. My husband Tony stepped away and went under a tree to cool off, he called and asked me to joined him....as I neared him, he fainted and landed on the ground. It was split second stuff and i quickly had him smile, talk and move his arms to eliminate any doubts about a stroke happening. Others came over and provided cool water for him, soon after he was able to stand up and got a ride from a neighbor.
Today a new day....he's feeling fine but refuses to take pro-active actions....grrrr.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment